We Have The Data
We live during the information age with surprising amounts of data right at our fingertips. Nevertheless, because we process that data through our own biases and desires, we often reach foolish conclusions. Here are some examples, and as the list goes on it gets worse.
- In Liberal Worldview: Businessmen Are Crooks & Politicians Are Altruistic Public Servants, steve at motorcitytimes.com tells us about the silly biases of a reporter.
- Voting American states the case more directly in You know you live in a Country run by idiots when….. There is only one “error” in samiam60‘s lengthy list. Well, at least Snopes.com (National Capital) thinks it is an error, but World Net Daily (Ten Commandments stunner: Feds lying at Supreme Court) argues otherwise.
- Freedom, by the way also states the case unambiguously in It’s Not Going to Be Status Quo. It’s Going to Get Worse. Prepare Now. She argues that in the last election we voted like fools.
- Avik Roy, at Forbes observes On the Fiscal Cliff, Republican Rebels are Right: No Deal is Better Than a Bad Deal. Why?
Remember that continuing to spend money we don’t have isn’t free. Deficit spending is a tax increase on our children and our grandchildren, and on people who have done the responsible thing and built up their savings. Going over the cliff means that the accounting gimmicks are over. No more “temporary” this and “temporary” that, so that Congress can pretend to be more fiscally responsible than it’s actually being. Going over the cliff means that a broad swath of Americans will be required to pay for the enlarged government that they voted for in November. I don’t think that’s such a bad thing
Because the Senate is unwilling to acknowledge its frivolous spending, it not has not produced a budget in years. So we borrow almost half the Federal Budget and burden our children with debt. Yet instead of reducing spending, our leaders fight over who to tax.
- Check out Fathers disappear from households across America and Missing dads is a problem not only in poor homes at the Washington Times. We live in a land where too many men behave like boys, and too many women have no self-respect. Therefore, we no longer regard marriage as an important, life-long commitment that must come before sex. So we let our children grow up without fathers.
- Because we are becoming so indifferent towards each other, children do not even make it out of the womb alive. Although our leaders promise to make abortion safe and rare, there are well over one million every year. Check out the US Census Bureau ‘s data (here). See what the Center For Disease Control and Prevention has to say (here). Peruse what the National Right to Life has to say (here). The information is at your fingertips.
What Does It Mean To Be A Fool?
What makes a people behave foolishly? The Bible has a simple answer. The Book of Proverbs, in particular, is devoted to wisdom, the opposite of foolishness.
What does it mean to be a fool?
Proverbs 28:26 Amplified Bible (AMP)
He who leans on, trusts in, and is confident of his own mind and heart is a [self-confident] fool, but he who walks in skillful and godly Wisdom shall be delivered.
Ultimately, the fool denies the sovereignty of God.
Psalm 14:1 Good News Translation (GNT)
Fools say to themselves,
“There is no God!”
They are all corrupt,
and they have done terrible things;
there is no one who does what is right.
Can you imagine the Lord’s chosen people becoming so indifferent to God, their Creator, that they would forget all about His Word? It happened. 2 Kings 22 and 2 Chronicles 34 record that it happened. The Jewish people became so evil they turned away from God. And so they lost the Book of the Law in the temple.
And us? Most Americans have in their homes Bibles they have never read, much less studied.
What did those foolish Jews do? How did they rediscover the Book of the Law. After they had begun to repent, God allowed them find the Book of the Law. When the Jews turned back to God, God restored his Word. Proverbs explains:
Proverbs 1:23 Young’s Literal Translation (YLT)
23 Turn back at my reproof, lo, I pour forth to you my spirit, I make known my words with you.
When we behave as a fool means we must repent and turn back to God.
What Does Repentance Involve?
What does repentance involve?
v 1: turn away from sin or do penitence [syn: atone]
2: feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about [syn: regret, rue]
Repentance requires us to honestly regret the evil we have done. Repentance allows us to turn back to God and beg for his forgiveness.
What evil have we done? We have ignored God’s command to love Him and to love our neighbors as we love ourselves (Matthew 22:34-40). Are we under the Law as the Jews were before Christ Jesus died on the cross? No. Nonetheless, we must practice the faith that works through love (Galatians 5:6).
Galatians 5:14-15 King James Version (KJV)
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
We have not loved our children. We have put politicians devoted to secularism (ignoring God) in charge of their education. So when we look at our children–and ourselves–we should not be surprised that we vote the way our government-appointed teachers have taught us to vote.
The quality of our education system also explains why journalists can write the most pathetic nonsense, and we still take them seriously. What is sad how difficult it will be to undo the damage — if we can.
We need to turn back to God; we need to let God pour His spirit into our hearts. We need a revival. Because revival begins with repentance, we must repent. We must admit we have failed to love our neighbor as we love ourselves.
We have failed to love our own children! Instead, when politicians promised to love our neighbors for us (even to educate our children), we took the easy way out. We foolishly believed those politicians. Even though we say we do not trust politicians, to our shame we trusted politicians with trillions of dollars of what they said would be our neighbor’s money.
It is time to stop being fools–to stop believing the lies of self-serving politicians.
Proverbs 14:15 Young’s Literal Translation (YLT)
15 The simple giveth credence to everything, And the prudent attendeth to his step.
Who Should You Trust?
Do you really want to trust these people with the education of your children? What makes you think you can trust these people not to abuse all the power they want? Have they kept their oath to support and defend the The United States Constitution? Have you read the Constitution?
If we want children to grow up to be decent people in a decent nation, we must insist parents take charge of their own children’s education. If we love someone, we will not leave them to the mercies and caprices of conniving politicians.