Who is the average member of the Republican Party? There is no simple answer. Republicans are not one issue voters. What we can say is that Republicans in Prince William County are rallying in support of constitutional republican government, a government that defends every citizen’s God-given rights to life, liberty, and property.
So what did I see when I visited the local party headquarters at 10286 Bristow Center
Drive, Suite G5, Bristow VA 20136? I saw the Liberty of Conscience Rally.
- Republican Party of Virginia State Central member Jeanine Lawson organized the event.
- 2012 Victory Chairman Pete Snyder spoke first. As a business owner, he credited his faith in God, not government, with his success.
- Cathy Ruse, former chief counsel of Constitution subcommittee of the US House, former spokesman for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops on human life issues, and current Senior Fellow for Legal Studies, Family Research Council, then spoke. She offered observations from Limbaugh and Our Phony Contraception Debate, a Wall Street Journal article she authored.
- Delegate Bob Marshall, Virginia House of Delegates– leader on life and family issues in the General Assembly for twenty years – and our neighbor, then offered his observations. He noted that freedom of worship does not equate to freedom of religion. When we have freedom of religion, government protects our right to live according to the dictates of our conscience. Obamacare sneaked an abortion provision into a 2000+ page bill. That provision forces people who believe abortion is murder to pay for other people’s abortions. That provision clearly violates our freedom of religion.
- Chairman Susan Stimpson, Stafford County Board of Supervisors, offered ways we can make a difference on November 6th and beyond, to protect our historic right of liberty that which was hard-won in Virginia by Patrick Henry, George Mason, James Madison and Virginia pastors. To see where she is coming from, check out this campaign video at her website..
- Dr. Don Forrester, President, Virginia Baptist College. Founder, Faith Baptist Church and Faith Baptist Schools, Fredericksburg ended the rally with a prayer. Forrester understands the need for freedom of religion. He served for 17 years as president of the Old of Church Schools & board member of the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS). He is also an active member of the Spotsylvania Republican Committee. That includes serving as a delegate to the 1996 Republican National Convention.
What was the result of the rally? These speakers helped to motivate their fellow citizens. Many put on their walking shoes and spread the message constitutional republican government, government that defends every citizen’s God-given rights to life, liberty, and property. That includes a government that defends every citizen’s right to live according to the dictates of his or her conscience.
Want to take part in the defense of constitutional, republican government? If you live in Prince William County, please use the contact information at PWCGOP.org. If you live in another part of Virginia, please visit RPV.org. That website provides a list of unit affiliates under the heading Get Local!