WHY I AM VOTING DEMOCRAT

Here is the content of an email I received yesterday.  It’s funny.  Well –, if the Democrats do not win, I guess it will be funny.   Let’s hope for the best.   :grin:

Reasons For My Vote Selection.

I’m voting Democrat because English has no place being the official language in America.

I’m voting Democrat because it’s better to turn corn into fuel than it is to eat it.

I’m voting Democrat because I’d rather pay $4 for a gallon of gas than allow drilling for oil off the coasts of America.

I’m voting Democrat because I think the government will do a better job spending my money than I could.

I’m voting Democrat because when we pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq, I know the Islamic terrorists will stop trying to kill us because they’ll think we’re a good and decent country.

I’m voting Democrat because I believe people who can’t tell us if it will rain in two or three days can now tell us the polar ice caps will disappear in ten years if I don’t start riding a bicycle, build a windmill, or inflate my tires to proper levels.

I’m voting Democrat because it’s all right to kill millions of babies as long as we keep violent, convicted murderers on death row alive.

I’m voting Democrat because I believe businesses in America should not be allowed to make profits. Businesses should just break even and give the rest to the government so politicians and bureaucrats can redistribute the money the way they think it should be redistributed.

I’m voting Democrat because I believe guns, and not the people misusing them, are the cause of crimes and killings.

I’m voting Democrat because when someone with a weapon threatens my family or me, I know the government can respond faster through a call to 911 than I can with a gun in my hand.

I’m voting Democrat because oil companies’ 5% profit on a gallon of gas are obscene, but government taxes of 18% on the same gallon of gas are just fine.

I’m voting Democrat because I believe three or four elitist liberals should rewrite the Constitution every few months to suit some fringe element that could never get their agenda past voters.

I’m voting Democrat because illegal aliens are not criminals, are not sucking up resources through government aid, hospital services, education, or social services, but are just people trying to make a better life by coming to America illegally. We can’t blame them for that, can we?

I’m voting Democrat because now I can now marry whatever I want, so I’ve decided to marry my horse.

Makes ya’ wonder why anyone would ever vote Republican, doesn’t it?

It is the disadvantaged who repeatedly elect Democrats – yet they are still disadvantaged…hmmm

This entry was posted in Humor. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to WHY I AM VOTING DEMOCRAT

1. J. Tyler Ballance says:

I enjoy humor, especially political satire.

During the McCain-Pain campaign, however, that has been all that our GOP side has provided; one joke after another.

In the last two weeks the McCain-Pain advertising has gotten so bizarre, with the spooky background music, the smears and innuendo. Do the McCain-Pain campaign managers think that they can scare the People into voting for their ticket? NOT going to happen.

There have been no affirmative ideas advanced by the McCain team, no alternatives to the ideas offered by Obama.

Some of the Obama ideas are not what I would prefer, but several months ago, I concluded that at least Obama had some ideas; McCain-Pain just attacked Obama and provided no vision and no solutions.

If one can get past the attack ads, and look at McCain’s record, he has plenty of positions, and has advanced some good ideas, but from his campaign, the citizens will never learn any good things about McCain, just that we all should be afraid…because Obama is half Negro (Like that matters, as if any of us get to choose our birth origin). Oh, they use euphemisms instead, like calling him a Socialist, a Marxist, or a Communist, but they really want to play on our racial prejudices and religious bigotry.

Obama has won this election by putting forward some plausible ideas and has continued to provide a positive vision for America’s future. His programs should net the average working man an additional $2, 185 per year, which is not a radical change to tax policy, but at least Obama has a tangible plan to do SOMETHING for the working class.

It would have been great had our GOP produced a competent nominee who could have advanced a solutions based agenda for America. Instead we got the hockey mom gimmick and increasingly incoherent rants that imply that Obama is a Muslim terrorist.

There are millions of good Men in the Republican Party who could have produced a campaign built on real ideas and real solutions. Just one example of these men, Mitt Romney, would have beaten Obama like a drum. However, our xenophobic wing of the Republican Party, our Religious Reich, saw that Romney is a Mormon and of course that meant that he was not exactly like them and therefore spooky.

If our GOP is to recover from the Bush ERROR and regain the trust of the People, the first act of contrition should be to kick Palin and the rest of her far right xenophobic fringe so hard to the curb that they get bruises.

2. Red Defender? says:

J. Tyler Ballance – Look back at what you wrote. Isn’t it ironic that you are asking McCain to say something positive, but you yourself had nothing positive to say?

You talk about “our GOP side”, but all you have done is tear down McCain and lightly praise Obama. If you are on our side, where is the evidence? You think Obama’s ideas are plausible, and you are on our side? :roll:

3. John Doe says:

J Tyler is typical of certain “Republicans”: they want the “far right xenophobic fringe” to vote for their candidates, but when it comes time to vote for “the far right’s candidate”, uh, uh, no way, not The Kid! Personally, I hope all so-called Pubs such as J. Tyler hit the road and don’t come back. Who need ‘em?

4. Red Defender? says:

John Doe – I am not certain I follow you. Are you saying McCain is far right’s candidate?

Anyway, I am not trying to run J. Tyler Ballance off. We need every vote, and to get every vote we need, some compromise is in order. I just want him to realize that when the choice is between McCain and Obama, the choice is McCain.

5. J. Tyler Ballance says:

The reason there was no Obama summary as part of the original post is that it had already been posted in several other spots. The lesson learned from this campaign season is that the GOP does great when our candidate puts forth innovative ideas and campaigns on real solutions that deliver a view toward a better tomorrow. We mustn’t wallow in serial attack ads that offer no constructive ideas from our team.

The chief complaint the Republican base has had for the McCain-Pain ticket is that all they do is try to slime Obama, while offering no positive ideas or uplifting vision of their own.

In spite of Obama’s details being a little thin, his team has made a good and effective effort to bring forward some workable solutions and have provided a positive path to getting America back on the road to prosperity. Who knows if the ideas will work, but Obama’s team is at least willing to give it a try on behalf of all Americans. Millions of Republicans have agreed and are willing to help Obama take a turn at the plate. Let’s hope, for the sake of our Nation, that he hits a home run.

Here’s a summary of positions offered by the Obama team:

Near term economic relief: $1000 per family energy rebate, penalty free withdrawals from 401Ks, and temporary suspension of minimum distribution requirements for retirement accounts.

Education: Reforms to No Child Left Behind. Bonuses for experienced teachers who mentor new teachers and an $18 billion boost to early childhood programs.

Income Taxes: Tax cut for those earning less than $250,000 a year, while raising the top two marginal rates to 36% and 39.6% (about a five per cent increase). Also, eliminate income taxes for seniors earning less than $50,000 and providing a making work pay initiative that will provide an additional $500 to workers who earn less than $75,000.

Investments: Eliminate capital gains taxes on small and newly started businesses. Five percent increase in long term capital gains taxes for those making over $250,000. Improve retirement security by requiring automatic enrollment of workers in a workplace pension plan or, for companies with out pension plans, enrollment of workers in direct deposit IRA. Provide a savers credit of $500 on the first $1000 saved by those earning less than $75,000.

Health Care: Reduce the number of uninsured by 26 million (down from about 50 million) by providing health insurance subsidies that will reduce typical family health care costs by about $185 per year. Provide a federal program that will make available health insurance for all Americans and require coverage for children.

Energy: 15 Billion per year for ten years to develop alternative energy. Offshore drilling and windfall profits taxes on energy companies.

Housing: Provide judges more flexibility to modify mortgages to allow people to keep their house. Ninety day moratorium on foreclosures and improve the mortgage interest deduction eligibility.

Foreign Policy: Withdraw from Iraq in 16 months, add 7,000 troops to Afghanistan and attack terrorist strongholds in other countries like Pakistan. Will open a dialogue with Cuba, North Korea and Iran and other countries currently seen as hostile to the U.S.

Social Issues: Baby killing is OK, but some restrictions on late term murders. Marriage is between one man and one woman, but supports leaving the decision to approve marriages to the States. Supports civil unions to allow lesbians and male homosexuals to role play as man and wife.
    Guns should remain legal with what Obama calls “common sense” limits including the cosmetic limits placed on rifles that are commonly referred to as the “Assault Weapons Ban” and the addition of regulations to help make guns more child proof.

Spending cuts: Wants to have a line-by-line budget review and cut programs deemed as “not working.” Supports pay as you go budgeting to reduce deficits and control spending.

Court appointments: Favors “moderate” judges who will use the judge’s own values in addition to the Constitution to render opinions. Would favor judges like Breyer, Ginsburg, and Souter.
    ************************************************************
    Sources: WSJ, Media General News Service and Obama campaign.
    ************************************************************

If someone is a single issue voter, Pro Life or gun rights, then Obama is not your candidate. However, if you favor a plan that will get the economy moving again and give a boost in income to the average worker of about $2,185 per year, then Obama is a solid choice, regardless of prior political affiliation.

J. Tyler Ballance – I believe you have swallowed a MSM lie (see here) and here.

Note also that McCain has plenty of proposals. Visit his web site.

There is an old saying: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” For the most part, McCain does not propose to “fix” what ain’t broke. That is, McCain does not propose that we adopt socialism and start spreading the wealth around.

When running for office, it is common sense to compare and contrast your record and your proposals with those of your opponent. If McCain’s tame effort to compare and contrast his record and proposals with Obama’s sound like negative campaigning that is mostly explained by Obama’s record and proposals. Obama has a record of associating with some horrid people. In addition, many Americans (hopefully most), have a dismal opinion of socialism.

J. Tyler Ballance – I would also suggest considerable skepticism with respect to Obama on social issues. Just as Democrats lie about taxes, they will about anything else.

Obama’s judges will legalize Same-sex marriage and bar any control over abortion. If current trends continue, Liberal judges will not allow parents any control at all over what their children are taught in the public schools. Like as not home schooling will be outlawed.